Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Court Ordered Legal Notice

"I've been convicted, evicted, restricted and served with a letter said to whom it may concern..." HWJ, I've Got a Right to Be Wrong

If you've ever had a bank account at Bank of America, I'm sure you are aware there is currently a settlement being negotiated for a class action lawsuit concerning their practice of putting through ALL DEBITS before processing credits. That is to say that if you deposited $100 and went and used your debit card for a purchase before that deposit 'cleared' (usually the NEXT day) then you would overdraft your account. I personally calculated at one time they had gotten me for somewhere around $3,000 in overdraft charges with this policy and I'm glad that someone with some clout did something about it. (Don't worry I'd already gotten mine back, but I still qualify for the settlement). So it will be interesting to me to see if I actually get any money out of the deal. But that's not why I'm here blogging about it..........the reason I'm here blogging about it is I found my notice in my mailbox (see below) and I was bewildered to say the least until I figured out that it had gone to my previous address and my buddy Tom had added his two cents and placed it in my mailbox :-)


I would hate to have to admit what my paranoid hyper panic mind came up with to explain the hand written inscription until I finally noticed the wrong address. Ha! Awww the things a Kangaroo finds in her travels.

No comments: