Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Adventures of a Stoned Kangaroo

About six years ago I was walking from the parking garage at the downtown Nashville library, down the hill and past the Ryman auditorium to the back door of Roberts Western World where I worked. I had my hands full, coke, cigarettes, lighter, wallet and I was wearing a Hank III hoodie (my favorite thing in the world to wear at the time) which had a large 'assjack' donkey and pot leaf on the front of it. My friend Cowboy, (one of a group of about 5 guys, Tilley the dog, mama and me,) was walking with me. Finally I said "oh hey I forgot I had a pouch" and began shoving all my wares into the hoodie pouch. At that point Cowboy said, "well aren't you just a little stoned kangaroo." It stuck, I've been a stoned kangaroo ever since.
We all got in on it in fact, we were going to have a bar and call it 'The Stoned Kangaroo, It's a Hopping Little Joint', we even came up with menu items (mmm sketty dogs), and things to hang on the wall. But in the end the stoned kangaroos have been scattered and tattered and I feel like I'm the only one still Kangaroo-ing around. And since I always feel like my life is so special :-) I wanted to still share some of my adventures with you all.

Dedicated to my fellow kangaroos: Mama Diane, Brent, Cowboy, Jason, Martin

No comments: